Who is Jesus? The God-Man
December 27, 2020
Scripture Passage: Philippians 2:5-11
Jesus’s ministry lasted only for three years, and yet His Word and His influence change lives today. Philippians 2:5-11 reveals exactly who Jesus, the God-Man, is.
- Supernatural: “Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who… made himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men...” (v.5, 7) Jesus was made in the likeness of men, but He was not conceived like any other child. He was born of a virgin, exempt from the curse of man, for God’s Holy blood flowed through His veins.
- Sinless: Though tempted at all points like us, Jesus remained completely sinless.
- Sovereign: “...being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God…” (v. 6) Jesus is the Son of God; He is also God the Son.
- Sacrificial: “And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient.” (v. 8) Adrian Rogers says, “Jesus’s death was not incidental or accidental. He did not die as a victim or a martyr. He died in obedience to the Father, that you and I might be saved by His death on the cross.”
- Surviving: C.S. Lewis said, “He has forced open a door that had been locked since the death of the first man. He has met, fought, and beaten back the king of death. Everything is different because He has done so.”
- Soon-Coming: "Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” (v. 9-11) Jesus will return; and when He does, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that He is Lord.
- Saving: Adrian Rogers says, “Jesus is not a good way to Heaven or the best way to Heaven. Jesus is the only way to Heaven.”
Apply it to your life
Jesus is what the world needs today. Tell someone about the Son of God who left Heaven, came to this Earth, suffered, bled, and died, and walked out of that grave a living, risen Savior.
These resources are now available in multiple formats. You can print from either version. The Word version is editable.