Now that I'm saved, what's next?
It's so wonderful that you're saved! There are a few steps you can take to continue to deepen your
relationship with God.
- Start reading the Bible on a regular basis. The Bible is the Word of God and is a book like no other. Through the Bible, God shows you who He is and what He desires. As you read, God will speak to you through the Bible. Write down what God says to you and what He tells you to do. It doesn't have to be flowery. You're not writing it for publication or to impress other people.
- In addition to reading the Bible, spend time talking to the Lord through prayer. When you pray, pour out your soul. Be natural and honest with God. Tell Him how you feel. Tell Him what you're struggling with and what you're grateful for. Pray out loud. It keeps your mind on track and enables you to stay focused. Let Him know your requests, needs, and desires. Leave time for listening to Him also.
- Get involved in a church that teaches the Bible and enables you to get connected to other Christians. The Christian life isn't meant to be lived in isolation. You need others in your life to encourage you and build you up. Find a church that believes and preaches truth from God’s Word, the Bible. You can know whether truth is being preached by reading the Scriptures yourself. If the Scriptures are not being preached and taught, there is likely a better church for you.
- Get baptized as a public demonstration of your new faith.
- Begin to tell others about your new faith.
- Get plugged into your new church and start serving others.
We here at LWF will be pleased to provide materials at no cost to you to help you learn more and get started. Just visit lwf.org/I-Believe.