When you vote today, follow 5 principles...November 6, 2018 Save Article
Therefore, to Him that knoweth to do good and doeth it not, to him it is sin. James 4:17
Today in the US is an important election day. I trust God every one of you will vote. Dr. Francis Schaeffer, a brilliant mind and one of the foremost Christian thinkers of our time, gave us 5 principles to keep in mind when we vote. These principles have nothing to do with personalities or political parties. They are principles.
1. The dignity of human life.
2. The importance of the traditional family.
3. Religious freedom of speech in schools, both public and private.
4. Human rights and the need for justice in our world.
5. The compassionate use of accumulated wealth.
These five principles ought to be in the heart and mind of every child of God. Pray over these; then based on God’s Word, make your determination. God will give you wisdom in this matter.
Pray it from your heart, “God, bless America, and God, give us space to repent. And may the ones of Your choosing be elected to lead us.” Remember, “to him that knoweth to do good and doeth it not, to him it is sin.”