The victory He won was for youOctober 14, 2019 Save Article
But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption. 1 Corinthians 1:30
The church is not an organization with Jesus Christ as its president. The church is an organism with Jesus Christ as its head. We are in Him and He is in us. The victory He won on the cross was for us.
When Jesus went to the cross, He wasn’t fighting the battle for Himself. He didn’t need to overcome Satan. He fought it on your behalf. He made the transaction, often called “the divine exchange”:
- Jesus became the Son of man that you might become a son of God.
- He took your sins that you might take His innocence.
- He became guilty that you might become acquitted.
- He was filled with despair that you might be filled with joy.
- He took your shame that you might take His glory.
- He suffered the pains of hell, that you might know the joys of heaven.
“What language shall I borrow to thank Thee, dearest Friend,
For this Thy dying sorrow, Thy pity without end?
O make me Thine forever, and should I fainting be,
Lord, let me never, never outlive my love for Thee.”
Would you like to receive updates from Love Worth Finding?
Would you like to receive the Daily Heartbeat devotional by email?