SalvationNovember 23, 2016 Save Article
(Program 2067DVD, Airing on 8-29)
- Man’s greatest need is salvation. (Luke 19:10)
- Only two categories of people: saved and lost.
- Romans 10:1-4
- THE FREENESS OF SALVATION
- Salvation is not a reward for the righteous; it is a gift for the guilty.
- Many people will miss Heaven because they think they’ve not sinned.
- Philippians 3:4-7
- The worst form of human badness is human goodness, if human goodness keeps you from salvation.
- The law demands perfection; only the gospel gives perfection in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes. (Romans 10:4)
- THE NEARNESS OF SALVATION (Romans 10:6-10)
- Jesus Christ has already made the provision of salvation available to us through His incarnation, crucifixion, and resurrection.
- Salvation is by God’s grace through faith.
- Confess that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead. (Romans 10:9-10)
- Many people miss salvation by wanting Jesus as Savior only; He must also be Lord.
- Taking Jesus as Lord means taking yourself off the throne of your life and putting Jesus upon the throne of your life.
- If we are ashamed of Jesus, He will be ashamed of us. (Mark 8:38, Matthew 10:32-33)
- THE RICHNESS OF SALVATION (Romans 10:12-13)
- Anyone who turns to Jesus in repentance and faith will be saved.
- There’s no one so good they need not be saved and no one so bad they cannot be saved.
- God’s boundless resources are made available to those who call upon Him.
"found this helpful. Did you find it helpful?