How To Have Fullness Of JoyMarch 11, 2015 Save Article
John 15:11 (Program 2488, Air date 11.13.11)
- WHY IS JOY SO IMPORTANT?
- It is important in winning the lost to Jesus Christ. (Psalm 51:12-13)
- It is important in bearing life’s burdens and in living the Christian life.
- THE JOY OF JESUS IS ABOUNDING JOY (John 15:11)
- Hebrews 1:9
- John 17:13
- Philippians 4:4
- What is the difference between happiness and joy?
- Happiness depends upon what happens; it is cosmetic, dealing more with the outward person.
- Joy depends upon the Lord; joy goes beyond the outward person to the inward character.
- Joy is not the subtraction of problems from life; it is the addition of power to meet those problems.
- THE JOY OF JESUS IS ABIDING JOY (John 15:11)
- It is steadfast in sorrow. (John 16:20)
- It is triumphant in tribulation. (2 Corinthians 7:4)
- It is lasting in losses. (Hebrews 10:34)
- It is abundant in affliction. (1 Thessalonians 1:6)
- THE JOY OF JESUS IS ABUNDANT JOY (John 15:11)
- In John 15, Jesus tells us of the relationship between the vine and the branches. In order to have His abundant joy, we must learn to abide in Him.
- How do we abide in the Lord?
- Surrender (John 15:4-5)
- Dependence (John 15:5)
- Rest (John 15:9)
- We don’t produce joy, we simply bear it. (Galatians 5:22)
- Obedience (John 15:10, John 14:15, 21)
- Rejoicing (John 15:11, Luke 10:20)