God reveals Himself to us through many different names in the Bible. No single name can describe all that God is. In fact, God uses each and every one of His names to reveal a different part of His character to us. Shown in Scripture, each of these names has great significance.
Let’s look at some of the significant names for God in the Bible, along with Bible verses about God. If you click on each image, you will find additional commentary for each name by Pastor Adrian Rogers.
Names of God
- Abba: Father
- Alpha and Omega: The Beginning and End
- Attiyq Youm: The Ancient of Days
- Christos: The Anointed One
- El Chuwl: The God Who Gave You Birth
- El Deah: The God of Knowledge
- El Elyon: The God Most High
- El Olam: The Everlasting God
- El Roi: The God Who Sees
- El Shaddai: God Almighty
- Elohim: The Creator
- Jehovah (Yahweh): The Self-Existent One
- Jehovah-Bore: The LORD Creator
- Jehovah-Jireh: The LORD Our Provider
- Jehovah-Nissi: The LORD Our Banner
- Jehovah-Rapha: The LORD Our Healer
- Jehovah-Rohi: The LORD Our Shepherd
- Jehovah-Sabbaoth: The LORD of Hosts
- Jehovah-Shalom: The LORD is Peace
- Jehovah-Shammah: The LORD is There
- Jehovah-Tsidkenu: The LORD Our Righteousness
Images & Info
Click on the image to learn more about each name!
Names of God Card Set
Recognizing God Through 21 Names Challenge
God reveals Himself by many different names in the Bible. In this challenge, you will get the chance to dive deeply into 21 of His names. Each name will be defined and described with an opportunity for you to reflect and respond as the Holy Spirit leads you.
Casting of the Flowers Children's Book
Pastor Adrian and Mrs. Joyce Rogers celebrated their long-term marriage several times on trips to Switzerland through a tradition they called “Casting of the Flowers.” Inspired by their story, Mallory Allen of Faithful31Moms has created a children’s book that goes through the alphabet sharing names and characteristics of God.