Daily Devotional: Three things you must have to be happyJune 15, 2019 Save Article
Rejoice in the Lord, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of His holiness. Psalm 97:12
Years ago, Reader’s Digest published an article which said that for a person to be happy and fulfilled, three things are necessary:
- First, something to believe.
- Second, someone to love.
- Third, something worthwhile to do.
That’s true—not because Reader’s Digest said it, but because God’s Word affirms it. There must be more to life than your next breath or your next step. And His name is Jesus Christ. He is indeed the fulfillment of all three of those needs:
- Jesus is the One to believe in.
- He is the Someone to love.
- His cause is the something worthwhile for you to do.
Do you yearn for happiness? Every need can be met in your life through Jesus Christ.