The Godly Woman | Part IIJune 8, 2021 Save Article
PRAY OVER THIS:
“…to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.”
This passage teaches us the lifestyle the godly woman is to live. Here are some descriptions regarding a godly woman:
- Discreet: She is sober-minded, sensible, using good judgment in her daily decisions.
- Chaste: She is sexually moral and pure.
- Homemakers: A woman’s primary responsibility is to keep a beautiful home. As we learned yesterday, a beautiful home does not necessarily mean a beautiful physical appearance of the home, but a godly home that is beautiful because of the work of Jesus in the hearts of those who dwell in it.
- Good: She is kind-hearted.
- Obedient to her husband: Submission is not subjugation; wives are instructed to submit to their husbands’ loving leadership in the home. Submitting to her husband’s leadership is biblical and does not mean that the two are not equal.
As you think about the godly woman’s submission to God and to her husband within the family, ask yourself: when is a train more free—on the train tracks or running through the meadow? When you get on God’s plan and begin to obey the Word, you’ll find that God will give you incredible liberty.
Take a moment to thank God for the godly women you know; ask Him to bless them today.