Daily Devotional: Is Jesus really the Messiah?June 12, 2019 Save Article
Therefore, let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ [Messiah].Acts 2:36
Speaking to a crowd in Jerusalem, the Apostle Peter put it down plain and straight: “Jesus, the one you crucified, is the Messiah!”
Skeptics of Christianity say Jesus wasn’t really the Messiah. All He did was arrange His life to fulfill all the prophecies about the Messiah. About that second part, they’re right! He really did. The only thing is, He arranged it centuries before He was born!
- He arranged to be born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2).
- He arranged His peasant background and the humiliation He would suffer (Isaiah 53:3).
- He arranged that He would be betrayed and sold for thirty pieces of silver (Zechariah 11:12-13).
- He arranged His crucifixion with the piercing of His hands and feet (Psalm 22:16).
- He arranged He would be buried in a rich man’s tomb (Isaiah 53:9).
- Finally, Jesus arranged that He would be followed by millions who, with no hope of material gain and at a cost of their own lives, would set out to convince others of Him—who He was and His paying the price for our sins.
Oh yes…He arranged it all! To God be the glory!
Praise God for His power, His plan, and His control over all things! Truly, nothing is too hard for Him, and His purpose for redemption was fulfilled precisely on time.
Would you like to receive updates from Love Worth Finding?
Would you like to receive the Daily Heartbeat devotional by email?