How do you get God’s attention?July 5, 2020 Save Article
“Then I set my face toward the Lord God to make request by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes”
Only prayer can hold back the floodtide of sin in our nation and the floodtide of judgment. Only prayer can release the cleansing and healing hand of God. And not just any prayer.
- It’s not the arithmetic of our prayers; that is, how many there are.
- It’s not the geometry of our prayer, how long it might be.
- It’s not the rhetoric of our prayer, how eloquent it may be.
- It’s not the music of our prayer, how sweet our voice.
- It’s not the logic of our prayer, how eloquent we become.
- It’s not the method of our prayer, how methodical we are.
But it’s the faith and the fervency of our prayer that counts with God.
Walk with Daniel through the school of prayer. Read Daniel chapter 9 today. See in action the “effectual fervent prayers of a righteous man” (James 5:16).
Would you like to receive updates from Love Worth Finding?
Would you like to receive the Daily Heartbeat devotional by email?