If you’ve ever heard a message by Adrian Rogers, then you are aware of his quick wit and exceptional wisdom. But neither his wit nor his wisdom ever overpowered the message of the Gospel; rather, it complemented it. These inspirational quotes were tools—gifts—he used to effectively communicate the truth of the Bible for everyday living. And over the years they have become identifiable with, and almost inseparable from, him. They have become “Adrianisms.”
- God only wants for us what we would want for ourselves if we were smart enough to want it. (See Romans 8:28.)
- Character is what we are in the dark. (See Ephesians 5:8-10.)
- God doesn't appreciate what He doesn't initiate. (See Philippians 1:6.)
- Good things become bad things when they keep you from the best things. (See Philippians 4:8.)
- Has it ever occurred to you that nothing ever occurs to God? (See Isaiah 40:28.)
- Forgiveness is not an emotion; it's a choice. (See Ephesians 4:32.)
- Everything over my head is under God's feet. (See John 16:33.)
- Reputation is what others think about you; character is what God knows about you. (See Revelation 1:8.)
- If you woke up this morning, and you're still here, God still has a plan for your life! (See Jeremiah 29:11.)
- Never doubt in the dark what God has shown you in the light. (See 1 John 1:5.)
- Do your best and then sleep in peace. God is awake. (See Psalm 121:3-4.)
- Just because you cannot see God working, does not mean He is not at work. (See John 5:17.)
- We don't live by explanations. We live by promises. (See Romans 4:20-21.)
- When God says no, it's because He has something better in store for you. (See 1 Corinthians 2:9.)
- Let go of this world and take hold of God with both hands. (See Deuteronomy 13:4.)
Images to Download and Share
Book of Quotes
This paperback book combines the discontinued volumes 1 & 2 and adds a new chapter titled "Adages & Axioms"; a total of 920 Adrianisms.
15-Day Email Series
For 15 days, we will email you a Scripture verse with a matching Adrianism on the topic of wisdom. Are you ready for a word to the wise?
Cards to Display
Each set includes 52 "Adrianisms" cards & include Scripture. They are perfect to display in your home or on your desk, or as gifts to family and friends.