Can God Be Trusted in Your Troubles
(Program 2155, Airing on 09.07.08 and 09.14.08)
- Job 1:1-3, 6-12
- Job 13:15
- CAN GOD BE TRUSTED WHEN YOU ARE SUBMERGED IN SUFFERING?
- Loss of finances (Job 1:13-17)
- Loss of family (Job 1:18-19)
- Loss of fitness and health (Job 2:4-6)
- Loss of face, or reputation (Job 4:7)
- In the midst of it all, Job praised God (Job 1:20-22)
- Don’t think that faith is the way to get out of suffering; faith may be a way to endure suffering (Hebrews 11:32-39)
- CAN GOD BE TRUSTED WHEN YOU ARE FORSAKEN BY FRIENDS?
- Job’s friends turned against him (Job 19:14, 19)
- Psalm 41:9
- Psalm 55:12-44
- Job’s wife turned against him (Job 2:9-10)
- CAN GOD BE TRUSTED WHEN YOU ARE DISMAYED BY DARKNESS?
- Job 23:1-5, 8-9
- Isaiah 50:10-11
- Habakkuk, John the Baptist, and the apostle Paul each experienced times of dismay
- GOD TAUGHT JOB THREE THINGS
- About the sovereignty of God (Job 38:1-7)
- About the sufficiency of God (Job 42:5-6)
- About the sympathy of God (Job 42:10-13)