June 26 | Taken from a message by Adrian Rogers
Do know if you're in financial bondage? Then, take this test.
- Have you ever found yourself charging for the things that you need daily, like gasoline, food, groceries?
- Do you put off paying a bill that is due until next month?
- Do you ever borrow money to pay fixed expenses like taxes and insurance?
- Are you aware of how much money you owe?
- Do you have creditors calling you and hounding you for overdue bills?
- Do you make new loans to pay off old loans?
- Have you ever thought about being dishonest with your money, like cheating on your taxes, cutting a corner in a business deal, or whatever?
If you answered yes to most of these, then I would venture to say that you are in financial bondange. But I've got good news. God wants to deliver you.
It is not simply the poor who are in financial bondage. If you are well off and you're still not satisfied, then you’re in bondage. The Bible says in Matthew 6:33, “Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." If wealth is what motivates you, I hate to tell you this, but you are in financial bondage.