How To Handle Conflicts
(Program 1922, Air dates 04.29.07 and 05.06.07)
- Tune In – Be Quick To Listen (James 1:19)
- When you listen, you encourage your spouse to talk.
- It helps you understand, which then brings you closer together and creates intimacy.
- We don’t listen because
- We’re defensive.
- We assume we already know what they’re going to say.
- We’re thinking about what we’re going to say.
- How to listen
- Tone Down – Be Slow To Speak (James 1:19)
- Proverbs 10:19, 17:27, 21:23; Eccl. 5:3, 1 Cor. 13
- Destructive games we play
- The Judge
- The Professor
- The Psychologist
- The Historian
- The Dictator
- The Critic
- The Preacher