Celebrate The Difference
(Program 1919, Airing on 12.30.2007)
- Introduction (Genesis 2:19-25)
- Who is better the man or the woman? Yes.
- Creation of man and woman. What truths do we learn from this?
- He didn’t make a beast for Adam’s companion, so bestiality is not God’s design.
- He didn’t make another man for Adam, so homosexuality is not God’s design.
- He didn’t give Adam two women, so polygamy is not God’s design.
- The Beauty And The Beast (1 Peter 3:7)
- Women are physically weaker than men. Men are physically stronger.
- Men are the provider and the protector. Women are the nurturers.
- Physical differences:
- 40% of a man’s body is muscle. 25% of a woman’s body is muscle.
- Men have about 1 1/2 gallons of blood in their bodies. Women have about 4/5 of a gallon.
- Men have a larger lung capacity.
- Women have a better immune system.
- Men have thicker skulls. Women have more brittle bones.
- Women have the double X chromosome. Men have the X-Y chromosome.
- The Tortoise And The Hare
- Men are like the hare. Women are like the tortoise. He has more energy. She has more durability.
- The Romantic And The Mechanic
(Song of Solomon 3:1-4, 4:1-5)\
- The man is to dress the garden and keep it. The woman’s job is to nurture the family.
- Men are more visual – attracted by physical. Women are more intuitive – attracted by nuances and romance.
- The Radar And The Computer
- Men primarily use the left hemisphere of the brain which controls logic, reasoning, and calculation. Women use both hemispheres (right side deals with feeling, emotion, sympathy, love, intuition).
- Women are spider-web thinkers – thinking like radar. Men are step-by-step thinkers – thinking like computers.
- Women are detail-oriented. Men are bottom line.
- The Code Speaker And The Reporter
- Women speak in code. Men speak in reports. A woman uses language to express emotion. A man uses language primarily to dispense facts.
- The Lover And The Achiever (Ephesians 5:33)
- God tells the man to love the woman. God tells the woman to respect the man.
- The deepest need of the woman is romance. The deepest need of a man is admiration.