Strength In Times Of Crisis
Luke 22:31-34 (Program: 3114, Air date: 08.03.2014)
- YOUR ADVERSARY WILL SIFT YOU. (Luke 22:31)
- Satan’s name in this passage means “adversary.”
- Satan desired to sift Peter.
- Sifting reveals the impurities.
- When we are saved, our battle with Satan is not over.
- What’s the difference between satanic accusation and Holy Spirit conviction?
- Satanic accusation condemns us.
- Holy Spirit conviction cleanses us.
- YOUR ABILITIES WILL SABOTAGE YOU. (Luke 22:33)
- Sabotage is an inside job.
- Peter was sure of his own abilities.
- Peter was sabotaged by three basic abilities:
- Proverbs 28:26
- Luke 22:44-46
- Pride leads to prayerlessness.
- Matthew 6:9-13
- Fleshly courage
- Luke 22:33
- Many of the great saints in the Bible fell at their strongest point.
- An unguarded strength is a double weakness.
- Peter had the wrong enemy.
- Luke 22:50
- Ephesians 6:12
- Peter used the wrong weapon.
- Luke 22:49
- 2 Corinthians 10:4
- Matthew 26:41
- Peter had the wrong attitude.
- James 1:20
- YOUR ACTIONS WILL SURPRISE YOU. (Luke 22:33)
- Peter did not expect to deny Jesus.
- 1 Corinthians 10:12
- Proverbs 28:26
- Jeremiah 17:9
- When we stand on our abilities, our actions will surprise us.
- YOUR ADVOCATE WILL SECURE YOU. (Luke 22:31-32)
- We have an adversary, but we also have an advocate in Jesus.
- 1 John 2:1
- Even though our actions surprise us, they do not surprise Jesus.
- God doesn’t love us because we are valuable; we are valuable because God loves us.
- Romans 8:33-39
- Jesus prays for us just as He prayed for Peter.
- John 17:9
- John 17:15
- John 17:20
- Hebrews 7:25
- John 11:42
- Why did Jesus allow Satan to sift Peter? To reveal the impurities in Peter’s heart.
- Even though Jesus protects us, sifting greatly affects our lives.
- Luke 22:62
- The happiest man on Earth is the man who takes shame for Jesus.
- Acts 5:41
- Peter learned from his experience.
- 1 Peter 5:8
- Acts 4:13
Read of lives transformed by Adrian Rogers' plea of Come to Jesus.
find your station
Check out when and where messages are playing in your area on radio and TV.
DO YOU HAVE A PRAYER NEED?
It would be our privilege to pray for you. Use the form to send us a request.