Ephesians 6:10-20 (Program: 2169 Air dates: 2.9.2014 & 2.16.14)
- We are part of a spiritual war: a war between light and darkness, good and evil, Heaven and Hell, and Christ and Satan.
- As Christians, we are Heaven-born and Heaven-bound, but we are also born for a battle.
- We must understand that not only were we born for the battle; but when we were born again, we were also born to win.
- THE CHRISTIAN WARRIOR AND HIS ADVERSARY (Ephesians 6:11)
- We must know who our enemy is so that we can prepare properly for the battle.
- How is the enemy described?
- He is a decided fact. (Ephesians 6:11)
- He is a destructive force. (Ephesians 6:11)
- He is strategic. (Ephesians 6:11)
- He is spiritual. (Ephesians 6:12)
- 1 John 4:1
- He is strong. (Ephesians 6:12)
- In our flesh, we are no match for him.
- He is sinister. (Ephesians 6:12)
- He is a defeated foe. (Ephesians 6:10)
- John 12:31
- 1 John 4:4
- God is almighty and greater than our adversary. While Satan was defeated at Calvary, God still allows Satan to have power on this earth. It is limited power that we as Christians can and shall overcome in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- THE CHRISTIAN WARRIOR AND HIS ARMOR (Ephesians 6:13-17)
- If we are not prepared for battle, then we will lose the battle.
- We are to put on the whole armor of God.
- The girdle of truth, which is the believer’s integrity. (Ephesians 6:14)
- Satan’s attack is untruth and lying; to bring a lack of integrity into our lives.
- The breastplate of righteousness, which is the believer’s purity. (Ephesians 6:14)
- There is to be no unconfessed, unrepented of sin in our lives.
- Matthew 5:8
- Proverbs 4:23
- The enemy attacks with impurity and lust.
- The shoes of peace, which is the believer’s tranquility. (Ephesians 6:15)
- We are to be at peace with God, have peace with one another, and have the peace of God in our hearts. Then, we will have the ability to stand firm.
- Psalm 119:165
- The enemy attacks with discouragement.
- The shield of faith, which is the believer’s certainty. (Ephesians 6:16)
- The enemy attacks with doubts.
- Feed your faith; starve your doubts.
- The helmet of salvation, which is the believer’s sanity. (Ephesians 6:17)
- This is a helmet of deliverance; it refers to salvation and a home in Heaven, but it also means a mind under the control of Almighty God.
- When a person gets saved, for the first time he has his right mind. (Mark 5:1-20)
- Until we are saved, we do not have the mind that God intends for us to have, which is the mind of Christ.
- THE CHRISTIAN WARRIOR AND HIS ATTACK (Ephesians 6:10-18)
- It’s not enough to simply put on the armor; we have to join in the fight.
- What will guarantee our victory?
- The place of our stance. (Ephesians 6:13-14)
- We stand in the finished work of Calvary. (Ephesians 6:10)
- Revelation 12:11
- The power of our sword. (Ephesians 6:17)
- Hebrews 4:12
- Matthew 4:1-4
- The provision of the Spirit. (Ephesians 6:18)
- Every warrior needs a supply, and our supply comes through prayer to our Heavenly Commander, praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit directs our prayer.
- The Holy Spirit understands what the enemy is up to; we do not.
- THE CHRISTIAN WARRIOR AND HIS ALLIES (Ephesians 6:18-19)
- We are not a one-man army.
- We need to pray for one another because we fight with one another against a common enemy.
- Deuteronomy 32:30
- Things to remember about the battle:
- Choose sides carefully.
- If you do not follow Jesus, then you’re on the losing side.
- Examine your heart and make sure that you have on all the armor of God.
- Don’t try to be neutral.
- Matthew 12:30
- Rejoice in the victory and live victoriously every day.
Read of lives transformed by Adrian Rogers' plea of Come to Jesus.
find your station
Check out when and where messages are playing in your area on radio and TV.
DO YOU HAVE A PRAYER NEED?
It would be our privilege to pray for you. Use the form to send us a request.