His Undiminished Deity
Matthew 1:20-23 (Program: 2378, Air date: 12.22.2013)
- Who was the child born in Bethlehem on Christmas Day? There are many wrong answers and only one right answer.
- Many say that Jesus was a great man and a moral teacher. Others believe that Jesus was a prophet of God.
- We need to understand that Jesus is more than a great man, a moral teacher, or a prophet; Jesus is God in human flesh. Not only is He the Son of God; Jesus is God the Son.
- The doctrine of the Trinity is the great Christian distinctive: one God in three persons.
- God the Father and God the Son are described the same way in Scripture.
- Exodus 3:14
- John 8:56-58
- The Holy Spirit is not an influence emanating from God the Father; He is God.
- Ephesians 4:30
- Acts 5:3-4
- THE UNFATHOMABLE MYSTERY OF THE TRINITY
- 1 Timothy 3:16
- The mystery of the Trinity cannot be understood; it must be believed.
- There are many things in the natural realm we do not understand, as well.
- People often use illustrations to try to describe the Trinity, but there is only one God and there is nothing to compare Him to.
- Isaiah 40:18
- We see reflections of His Trinity in everything:
- Time past, present, and future
- Space height, width, and depth
- Each is distinguishable; all are inseparable.
- Isaiah 55:8-9
- THE UNFOLDED MANIFESTATION OF THE TRINITY (Matthew 1:22-23)
- The Trinity is revealed in the Old Testament.
- Genesis 1:1
- The Hebrew word used here for God is “Elohim”, which is a plural noun.
- The writer of Genesis, through divine inspiration, used a singular verb with the plural noun.
- This shows the triune God acting as a unity.
- Deuteronomy 6:4-5
- When the writer stated, “Jehovah our Elohim is one Lord”, he used the word “echad” for the word “one”. The English translation of “echad” means a plural one.
- Other examples in the Old Testament where “echad”, a plural one, is used:
- Genesis 2:24
- Genesis 11:6
- Numbers 13:23
- Evidences of God the Son in the Old Testament.
- Daniel 3:25
- Proverbs 30:4
- Psalm 2:6-7
- Isaiah 9:6
- Isaiah 10:21
- The Trinity is revealed in the New Testament.
- John 1:1-3
- Matthew 28:19
- THE UNCHANGING MINISTRY OF THE TRINITY (Matthew 1:20-23)
- The Holy Trinity God the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost work together in our salvation.
- We are selected by the Father.
- We are saved by the Son.
- We are sealed by the Spirit.
- 2 Corinthians 13:14
Read of lives transformed by Adrian Rogers' plea of Come to Jesus.
find your station
Check out when and where messages are playing in your area on radio and TV.
DO YOU HAVE A PRAYER NEED?
It would be our privilege to pray for you. Use the form to send us a request.