His Unblemished Life
Luke 2:25-35 (Program: 2376, Air dates: 12.08.2013 & 12.15.2013)
- INTRODUCTION (Luke 2:25-35)
- Simeon was waiting for and ready for Christmas; he was anticipating the coming of Jesus Christ into this world.
- There were many who missed the first coming of Jesus, that first Christmas morning, because they did not understand or believe the clear Bible prophecies of His first coming into the world.
- We need to be careful to not miss the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We need to be ready for Christmas by being ready for the second coming of Jesus.
- We need to ask ourselves the following questions to determine if we’re ready for Christmas and the second coming of our Lord. They were true of Simeon; are they true of us?
- Are you saved?
- Matthew 1:21
- Luke 2:25
- John 8:56
- If we aren’t ready for Heaven before we die, then we won’t be ready for Heaven when we die.
- Are you surrendered?
- Luke 2:25
- 1 John 3:3
- Are you spiritual?
- Luke 2:25
- Are you sensitive?
- Luke 2:26
- Romans 8:14
- Can God speak to you?
- Are you satisfied?
- Luke 2:28-29
- Do you have peace?
- Psalm 116:15
- HE IS THE ONE WHO BRINGS DELIVERANCE (Luke 2:30-31)
- Jesus came to deliver us.
- Jesus was born of a virgin that we might be born again.
- We need to leave behind the sentimentality about a baby being born and understand that that baby is the Savior of the world.
- HE IS THE ONE WHO DISPELS DARKNESS (Luke 2:32-33)
- We will never understand the meaning of life until we know the Light of the world, Jesus Christ.
- There is no greater joy than to know the Lord Jesus.
- HE IS THE ONE WHO DETERMINES DESTINY (Luke 2:34)
- Jesus will be to us either a stepping stone or a stumbling block; our destiny is determined by what we do with Him.
- 1 Peter 2:6-8
- John 3:36
- Jesus is unavoidable and inescapable; He will either be our Savior or our Judge.
- HE IS THE ONE WHO PROVOKES DERISION (Luke 2:34)
- Jesus faced derision, mockery and blasphemy.
- Jesus was spoken against. And we can be certain that, as His disciples, we too will be mocked and spoken against.
- Acts 4:12
- John 14:6
- Matthew 9:24
- People today are still laughing Him to scorn.
- Matthew 5:11-12
- Luke 6:26
- HE IS THE ONE WHO CAUSES DIVISION (Luke 2:35)
- Hebrews 4:12
- Matthew 10:34-39
- This does not mean that we are not to love our families. Jesus is to be preeminent in our lives; we are to love Him more than we love others.
- Amos 3:3
- Matthew 7:22-23
- Ultimately, we are all divided into only two categories: saved and lost.
- HE IS THE ONE WHO REVEALS DECISIONS (Luke 2:35)
- When we are exposed to the truth of God’s Word, some will determine to yield to God while others will choose not to accept Him. His Word reveals our hearts and our thoughts
- The same Jesus who came to this world in the form of a baby, in literal fulfillment of Scripture, is coming again. Are you ready?
Read of lives transformed by Adrian Rogers' plea of Come to Jesus.
find your station
Check out when and where messages are playing in your area on radio and TV.
DO YOU HAVE A PRAYER NEED?
It would be our privilege to pray for you. Use the form to send us a request.