Let The Fire Fall
1 Kings 18:22 (Program: 2478, Air date 10.13.2013)
- INTRODUCTION (1 Kings 18:22)
- The days of 1Kings 18 were dark days in Israel: days of apostasy, apathy, and horrible sin.
- The prophet Elijah told the people to make up their minds and decide whom they would follow: either the Lord God or the false idol known as Baal.
- All of the people gathered at Mount Carmel, where they built an altar and placed a sacrifice upon it. Elijah then directed the people to pray; and the God who answered with fire, Elijah said, “Let him be God.”
- We, too, need revival fire.
- Matthew 28:20
- 2 Chronicles 7:14
- THE ENEMIES OF REVIVAL (1 Kings 18:3-22)
- The compromisers
- Obadiah represents the compromisers.
- 1 Kings 18:3-6
- Obadiah was looking for grass to feed the herds when he should have been praying for rain.
- He was trying to prop things up; Obadiah was trying to get by without repentance.
- Are we compromisers today?
- Was there ever a time when we loved Jesus more than we love Him now?
- Do we still have the joy of our salvation?
- Do we remember specific times when our prayers were being answered, but now our prayer life is weak?
- Is there anything about our lives that is different from that of the world?
- Do we love to feed on the Word of God?
- Do we think that we’ve done all that God wants us to do?
- The corrupt
- Ahab and Jezebel represent the corrupt.
- 1 Kings 18:17-18
- 1 Kings 16:30
- 1 John 4:4
- The confused
- The people represent the confused.
- 1 Kings 18:19-21
- What is there in us that is so different that it would bring conviction to those who straddle the fence spiritually?
- What is there in us that would cause our neighbor to ask, “What does this mean?”
- Acts 2:12
- The competition
- The priests of Baal represent the competition.
- 1 Kings 18:22
- 1 John 4:4
- THE ELEMENTS OF REVIVAL (1 Kings 18:30-37)
- The solidarity of God’s people.
- The enemy divides us, but the altar unites us.
- 1 Kings 18:30-31
- Psalm 133:1
- Acts 2:1
- The separation of God’s people from the world.
- 1 Kings 18:32
- God wants a holy people.
- James 4:4
- The sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
- Satan’s back was broken at Calvary.
- 1 Kings 18:33
- Revelation 12:11
- John 12:31
- The supernatural power of God.
- 1 Kings 18:33-35
- Isaiah 44:3
- The strength of believing prayer.
- Our prayer lives need to be consumed with the glory of God.
- 1 Kings 18:36-37
- John 12:28
- THE EVIDENCES OF REVIVAL (1 Kings 18:38-39)
- The fire fell.
- We need Holy Spirit fire in our lives.
- Fire consumes.
- 1 Kings 18:38
- Fire convicts.
- 1 Kings 18:38
- Fire converts.
- 1 Kings 18:39
Read of lives transformed by Adrian Rogers' plea of Come to Jesus.
find your station
Check out when and where messages are playing in your area on radio and TV.
DO YOU HAVE A PRAYER NEED?
It would be our privilege to pray for you. Use the form to send us a request.