Learning To Share Jesus
Psalm 126:5,6 (Program: 2437, Air date 09.15.2013)
- One way we can know that our relationship with Jesus is real is that we have a desire to share our faith with others.
- We’re told not merely to keep the faith, but to share it.
- If we’re not endeavoring to share our faith, then we’re not right with God.
- Proverbs 11:30
- Why is winning souls wise?
- Because of the value of the soul.
- Mark 8:36-37
- Why is a soul so valuable?
- Because of its desirability.
- The value of an item is the price someone will pay for it. Jesus paid for our souls with His blood upon the cross.
- Because a soul is durable.
- A soul will last for all eternity.
- Because of a soul’s possibility.
- As followers of Jesus, we will one day be conformed into His likeness.
- We should see all people as potential brothers or sisters in Christ.
- John 4:1-26
- Hebrews 11:31
- Because of the command of the Savior.
- We are commanded to make disciples; it’s not a suggestion.
- Matthew 28:19
- Matthew 4:19
- John 15:5-7
- John 14:15
- Because of the reward of the soul-winner.
- The greatest joy is to bring someone to Christ.
- WE MUST BE COMMITTED TO SHARE OUR FAITH (Psalm 126:5-6)
- We must be intentional about sharing our faith.
- It’s not enough to try to live a good life and then hope that others will desire to be saved simply by seeing the good life that we live. People are not saved by our lives; they’re saved by Jesus’ death.
- If we live a good life without letting people know why we live that good life, then we’re taking praise under false pretenses.
- Anything good in us is because of Jesus Christ.
- Mark 16:15
- We need to understand that separation from the world is not isolation from the world.
- Luke 15:2
- WE MUST BE CONCERNED WHEN WE SHARE OUR FAITH (Psalm 126:5-6)
- We should be brokenhearted over the lost.
- We need to see every man as a potential brother; we need to see the lost, not simply theologically and intellectually, but emotionally. We need to see them as God sees them, with a broken heart.
- Luke 13:34
- Acts 20:31
- Jeremiah 9:1
- Matthew 9:36
- WE MUST BE CONSISTENT AS WE SHARE OUR FAITH (Psalm 126:5-6)
- The seed that we sow is the Word of God.
- Mark 4:14
- We need to know the Word of God in our heads, store it in our hearts, and sow it in the world.
- The Bible refers to us as witnesses: a lawyer argues his case; a witness tells what he has seen and heard.
- 1 Peter 1:23
- Hebrews 4:12
- Galatians 6:7
- WE MUST BE CONFIDENT IN SHARING OUR FAITH (Psalm 126:5-6)
- Mark 4:3-20
- We don’t know when someone will get saved or who will get saved. Therefore, we need to keep sharing our faith, scattering the seed.
- If we will go and weep and pray and share and give, and do it consistently, then we will find that the greatest joy in the world is coming with our sheaves to lay them at Jesus’ feet.
- Acts 16:31
Read of lives transformed by Adrian Rogers' plea of Come to Jesus.
find your station
Check out when and where messages are playing in your area on radio and TV.
DO YOU HAVE A PRAYER NEED?
It would be our privilege to pray for you. Use the form to send us a request.