Flawed Appetites And Fatal Attractions
James 1:12-15, 17-19 (Program: 3413, Air date 08.25.2013)
- Victimology is what we practice in our society today, where nobody wants to take the blame or any personal responsibility.
- The “blame game” is as old as the Garden of Eden, when Adam and Eve denied personal responsibility for their actions.
- Genesis 3:8-13
- James 1:12-15
- In this life, you will be tempted.
- It is impossible to tempt God with evil.
- James 1:13
- God is completely whole.
- God is totally holy.
- God will never tempt you with evil.
- God will test you and prove you, but He will never induce you to do evil.
- God gives us tests to make us stand; Satan gives us temptations to make us stumble.
- THERE IS A COURTSHIP THAT LEADS TO A CONSENT (James 1:14)
- Sin is an inside job.
- Satan tempts us, to draw us away; but the sinner says “I do” to the enticement.
- We are drawn away according to our own lusts.
- Mark 7:21-23
- We are free to choose, but we are not free to choose the consequences of our choices.
- THERE IS A CONSENT THAT LEADS TO A CONCEPTION (James 1:15)
- There is an unholy union of inward lust and outward attraction which brings forth sin.
- THERE IS A CONCEPTION THAT LEADS TO A CONSUMMATION (James 1:15)
- The term “when it is finished” in this Scripture literally means when it is full grown.
- The consummation is death.
- Ezekiel 18:20
- Romans 6:23
- Some examples of the end result of sin:
- Proverbs 23:31-32
- Proverbs 5:3-5
- Human pride
- Proverbs 14:12
- Proverbs 20:17
- James 1:18 there is the conception of the new birth.
- Through Jesus’ redemptive sacrifice for us on Calvary’s cross, we can live victoriously if we surrender our lives to His Lordship.
Read of lives transformed by Adrian Rogers' plea of Come to Jesus.
find your station
Check out when and where messages are playing in your area on radio and TV.
DO YOU HAVE A PRAYER NEED?
It would be our privilege to pray for you. Use the form to send us a request.