1 Timothy 6:5-10, 17-19 (Program: 2125, Air date: 08.18.2013)
- Many families are in financial bondage.
- The following are questions to consider when determining whether or not you and your family are in financial bondage:
- Are you charging daily expenditures because of a lack of funds?
- Do you put off paying a bill until next month?
- Do you borrow to pay fixed expenses such as taxes or insurance?
- Does your annual debt retirement on a long-term debt exceed 20% of your annual income?
- Are you unaware of how much you owe?
- Are creditors and bill collectors contacting you about past due bills?
- Are you taking from savings to pay current bills?
- Are you making new loans to pay off old loans?
- Have you thought about being dishonest concerning money?
- Are you having difficulty returning your tithe to God?
- Do you and your spouse argue over money?
- THE LACK OF WEALTH (1 Timothy 6:6-8)
- The lack of wealth cannot take away genuine contentment.
- Contentment is an inner sufficiency that keeps us at peace in spite of outward circumstances.
- Ecclesiastes 5:10
- Contentment is found with godliness.
- 1 Timothy 6:6
- Your personal value is revealed by godliness.
- Your personal virtue is revealed by godliness.
- 1 Timothy 6:5
- Your personal victory is revealed by godliness.
- Worth cannot be measured by money.
- Psalm 23:1
- We need to get our families together and confess the sin of discontent. We need to then have a praise service, thanking the Lord Jesus for what He has done for us. And, then as a family, take a frank look at our debt and work together as a team to solve the problem.
- THE LOSS OF WEALTH (1 Timothy 6:7)
- The loss of wealth is inevitable.
- Proverbs 23:4-5
- Job 1:21
- Prosperity is posterity. What are we leaving behind in the hearts and minds of our children?
- THE LOVE OF WEALTH (1 Timothy 6:8-10)
- The love of wealth is dangerous.
- 1 Timothy 6:9 “they that will be rich”.
- This passage literally means those who determine to be rich.
- Proverbs 28:20
- Matthew 6:33
- THE LUXURY OF WEALTH (1 Timothy 6:17-19)
- The wealthy can encounter financial bondage when:
- They seek satisfaction in their money.
- Their wealth increases their worries.
- Proverbs 15:6
- They become slaves to their money.
- Proverbs 23:4
- They have no treasure in Heaven.
- Proverbs 11:4
- The luxury of wealth brings responsibility.
- 1 Timothy 6:17
- Be humble.
- Be trustful.
- Be joyful.
- Psalm 84:11
- 1 Timothy 6:18
- Be generous.
- We are stewards; God is the owner.
- Psalm 24:1
- 1 Corinthians 4:2
- The greatest wealth we have is not in the bank. If we have children they are our greatest wealth.
- Children don’t make rich people poor, they make poor people rich.
- We can only have true godliness when we give our hearts completely to Jesus.
- 1 John 5:13
Read of lives transformed by Adrian Rogers' plea of Come to Jesus.
find your station
Check out when and where messages are playing in your area on radio and TV.
DO YOU HAVE A PRAYER NEED?
It would be our privilege to pray for you. Use the form to send us a request.