Leaving A Legacy
Deuteronomy 5:29 (Program 2302, Air dates 08.4.2013 and 08.11.2113)
- A child gets an idea of him or herself from the family.
- A child gets a picture of life from the family.
- A child gets a picture of God from the family.
- There is philosophical war on the family.
- Genesis 1:27
- People think that God’s plan isn’t good enough.
- There are so many people living together without the benefit of marriage.
- There is a disregard for human life.
- There is a disregard for marriage in light of easy divorce laws.
- There is a moral freefall happening due to pornography.
- There is humanistic education.
- We are leaving a legacy for the next generation.
- Proverbs 13:22
- Proverbs 19:14
- Proverbs 20:7
- THE PRINCIPLE OF PRIORITY (Deuteronomy 5:29)
- What are our core values?
- What are we willing to die for?
- The greatest testimony we can possess is to have those who know us best respect us the most.
- THE PRINCIPLE OF PURPOSE (Deuteronomy 6:1-2)
- How do we pray for our children?
- For their health?
- For their wealth?
- For their fame?
- For their ease of life?
- James 4:3
- Even the pagans want healthy and successful children.
- Do we pray for God to call our children into the ministry?
- Psalm 127:4
- 3 John 1:4
- We shouldn’t care whether our children are successful or wealthy; we should care about them loving the Lord.
- We should have goals for ourselves and desires for our children.
- It is ok to ask God to bless our children, but our desire for them should be that they love the Lord.
- THE PRINCIPLE OF PERSUASION (Deuteronomy 6:6-9)
- We are called to teach our children about the Lord and try to persuade them to Him.
- All we can do is point our children to the Lord; we cannot make their choices for them.
- THE PRINCIPLE OF PERSISTANCE (Deuteronomy 6:7)
- Leaving a legacy is a day in, day out, week in, week out, year in, year out way of life.
- Sometimes we will think that we have failed, but God will never give up on us so we should never give up on Him.
- God will use our failures and weakness for His glory.
- THE PRINCIPLE OF POSSESSION (Deuteronomy 6:18-23)
- We have been called out of bondage to live in freedom.
- Often times, we find ourselves wandering in the desert in between bondage and freedom.
- Exodus 12-13
- We must enter into the land of the promise to demonstrate the freedom that we have.
- When children hear about the bondage that their parents have been set free from but they see that their parents aren’t taking possession of the promise, Satan comes and entices them back to bondage.
Read of lives transformed by Adrian Rogers' plea of Come to Jesus.
find your station
Check out when and where messages are playing in your area on radio and TV.
DO YOU HAVE A PRAYER NEED?
It would be our privilege to pray for you. Use the form to send us a request.