You Are Somebody In His Body
1 Corinthians 12:12-27 (Program 2199, Air date 07.21.2013)
- The church is described in many ways:
- The church is the bride of Christ.
- Revelation 19:7-9
- The church is the building built with living stones.
- 2 Peter 2:5
- The church is an army.
- Revelation 19:19
- The church is a flock of sheep with Jesus as the shepherd.
- Psalm 100:3
- John 10:11
- The church is the body of Christ.
- Ephesians 1:22-23
- Romans 12:4-5
- Love for Jesus and love for what Jesus loves are inseparable.
- 1 Corinthians 12:12-18
- IN A BODY, THERE IS A MANIFESTED PERSON.
- A person is manifested by their physical body.
- You can never know a person apart from their body.
- How will the world know Jesus? Through His body.
- We can’t try to imitate Jesus: we need to let Jesus live through us.
- Colossians 1:27
- IN A BODY, THERE IS A MINISTERING PURPOSE.
- Our body exists to serve us.
- Our body’s individual parts are not meant to have any plans of their own.
- Jesus doesn’t want us to do anything for Him; rather, He wants to do something through us.
- Our best ability is availability.
- IN A BODY, THERE IS A MOTIVATING POWER. (1 Corinthians 12:13)
- The life of the human body is the human spirit.
- Genesis 2:7
- Luke 24:46
- The life of the body of Christ is the Holy Spirit.
- Without the Holy Spirit, there is no power in the church.
- The church is organized, but it is not an organization; it is an organism.
- While the church is an organism, it is also organized.
- 1 Corinthians 14:40
- When we are saved, two things happen:
- We are baptized into the body of Christ by the Holy Spirit.
- We are filled with the Holy Spirit.
- 1 Corinthians 12:13
- When we are filled with the Holy Spirit, we receive our spiritual gift.
- The Holy Spirit is the evidence of our salvation.
- Romans 8:9
- IN A BODY, THERE IS A MUTUAL PROGRAM. (1 Corinthians 12:14-18)
- We have the same life.
- 1 Corinthians 12:15-16
- No part of the body can function as it ought apart from the other parts of the body.
- We are to operate alongside of other Christians.
- 1 Corinthians 12:17-18
- We have a mutual love.
- 1 Corinthians 12:25-26
- If one of the members of the body is sick, then the whole body takes part in caring for the sick member.
- We cannot be arrogant.
- We cannot show envy.
- There cannot be any rivalry, self-sufficiency nor disunity.
- We have the same Lord.
- 1 Corinthians 12:27
- Loyalty to the head equals loyalty to each other.
- We need to be right with Jesus before we can be right with one another.
- A lot of faults can be found within the church; but Jesus loves the church, so we should love the church.
- We need to discover ourselves.
- We need to find our spiritual gift and our place within the body.
- We need to accept ourselves.
- We can never be somebody else, so we should strive to be the best version of ourselves.
- We need to give ourselves.
- Every member is designed to be both a receiver and transmitter.
Read of lives transformed by Adrian Rogers' plea of Come to Jesus.
find your station
Check out when and where messages are playing in your area on radio and TV.
DO YOU HAVE A PRAYER NEED?
It would be our privilege to pray for you. Use the form to send us a request.