Genesis 6:5-21 (Program 1984, Air dates 05.19.2013 and 05.28.2013)
- INTRODUCTION (Genesis 6:5-14)
- God told Noah He was going to destroy the Earth because of its wickedness.
- There needed to be protection from God’s judgment, therefore, God told Noah to build the ark.
- Jesus said that before He comes again, people will be continuously wicked.
- Matthew 24:37-38
- GRACE PROVIDES A SAVIOR. (Genesis 6:14)
- The ark is a picture of Jesus.
- 1 Peter 3:20-21
- The security of the ship
- Genesis 6:14
- The ark was “incorruptible” and kept God’s judgment away from Noah and his family.
- The sufficiency of the ship
- Genesis 6:14-15
- The ark had enough space for Noah, his family, and the animals.
- The shape of the ship
- Genesis 6:15-16
- The ark was built like an ancient coffin and there was no human way to guide it.
- The sustenance of the ship
- Genesis 6:21
- The ark had everything that Noah, his family, and the animals needed to survive.
- The schedule of the ship
- Genesis 8:4
- The ark finished its work on the third day after Passover.
- GRACE PROVIDES SALVATION. (Ephesians 2:8-10)
- There are three prepositions that explain how salvation works.
- We are saved bygrace.
- Noah was saved by grace.
- Genesis 6:8
- Genesis 6:18
- Romans 3:22
- We are saved by grace, through faith.
- Noah had to get on the ark.
- Genesis 7:1
- Hebrews 11:7
- We are saved by grace, through faith, unto good works.
- We are not saved by works, but to do good works.
- Genesis 9:1
- GRACE PROVIDES SECURITY. (Genesis 7:1)
- God did not tell Noah to “go” into the ark; He told him to “come” into the ark.
- God was in the ark.
- Genesis 7:16
- 2 Corinthians 5:17
- Security isn’t in a place, it’s in Jesus.
- John 10:27-30
- CONCLUSION (2 Peter 3:3-12)
- God destroyed the world the first time with water; He’s going to destroy it a second time with fire.
- Even though it’s been two thousand years since Jesus went away, it’s only been two days in the eyes of the Lord.
- 2 Peter 3:8
- The reason God hasn’t judged the Earth yet is because He is waiting for someone to be saved.
- The day is coming like a thief in the night.
- 2 Peter 3:10
- Matthew 24:38
- Only those who are in Jesus will survive God’s judgment.
- Noah went into the ark poor but came out rich.
- Matthew 5:5
Read of lives transformed by Adrian Rogers' plea of Come to Jesus.
find your station
Check out when and where messages are playing in your area on radio and TV.
DO YOU HAVE A PRAYER NEED?
It would be our privilege to pray for you. Use the form to send us a request.