Every Christian An Evangelist
Acts 8:26-39 (Program 2278, Air dates 04.21.2013 & 04.28.2012)
- INTRODUCTION (Acts 8:26-35)
- If we aren’t endeavoring to bring people to Christ then we are not right with God.
- God wants to get our eyes off of self and onto others.
- John 4:35
- We are commanded to be evangelists.
- Matthew 28:19
- We are not all preachers but we can all be reachers.
- BE SENSITIVE TO THE DIRECTION OF THE SPIRIT. (Acts 8:26)
- God’s ways are often unexplained.
- God’s ways are often unforeseen.
- If you are not willing to be used by God, then ask to be made willing.
- How does the Spirit of God operate?
- God’s Spirit finds a heart that is open and ready for the gospel.
- Acts 8:27
- God works on a person until they are ready and ripe.
- God’s Spirit finds a heart that is willing to share the gospel.
- John 4:4
- Acts 10
- BE SWIFT FOR THE DEMANDS OF THE SPIRIT. (Acts 8:29-30)
- Philip had to run to catch the Ethiopian’s chariot.
- If we are not swift, we can miss short-term opportunities.
- Philip didn’t use any excuses in order to get out of speaking with the Ethiopian.
- BE STEADFAST IN THE DESIRE OF THE SPIRIT. (John 15:26-27)
- The desire of the Spirit is that we share and bear witness to Jesus.
- Acts 1:8
- How did Philip share Jesus?
- He told the Ethiopian that he was a sinner and needed to be saved.
- Isaiah 53:6
- People have to understand that they need to be saved.
- He told the Ethiopian that salvation is by faith.
- Acts 8:36-37
- Romans 11:6
- He baptized the Ethiopian.
- Acts 8:38-39
- Romans 6:4
- Through baptism, the Ethiopian demonstrated the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Baptism is not necessary for salvation; but it is necessary for obedience, and obedience is necessary for joy.
Read of lives transformed by Adrian Rogers' plea of Come to Jesus.
find your station
Check out when and where messages are playing in your area on radio and TV.
DO YOU HAVE A PRAYER NEED?
It would be our privilege to pray for you. Use the form to send us a request.