Making Jesus Known
Acts 1:1-8 (Program 2269, Air dates 03.03.2013 & 03.10.2013)
- INTRODUCTION (Acts 1:1-8)
- Jesus gave His apostles a “mission impossible.”
- The apostles had many obstacles in their way:
- They didn’t have an education.
- They didn’t have any finances.
- They had no prestige.
- They had no political pull.
- They were coming against the imperial might of Rome.
- They were coming against the intellectualism of the Greeks.
- They were coming against the religious bigotry from the Jews.
- We need to go back to the fundamentals of our faith.
- WE NEED TO RECOGNIZE HIS PRESENCE IN US (Acts 1:1-3)
- The book of Acts is about the continued work of Jesus Christ through His church.
- In the Gospels, Jesus had a physical body; but today, His body is the Church.
- Colossians 1:27
- We need to stop doing things for Jesus and start letting Him work through us.
- Galatians 2:20
- The Christian life is not difficult; it is impossible.
- Matthew 19:26
- Why did Jesus give the apostles this “mission impossible?”
- He knew that in Him they could do it.
- He knew that without Him they could never do it.
- What is the mission?
- Matthew 28:19-20
- We are to make disciples.
- We are to mark disciples.
- We are to mature disciples.
- WE NEED TO RELY ON HIS PROMISE TO US (Acts 1:4-8)
- Jesus gave His apostles the promise of the Father.
- Luke 24:49
- The promise is the empowerment of the Holy Spirit.
- We don’t have to be an intellectual to be used of God.
- We are called to be a witness, not a lawyer.
- John 9:25
- When we witness, it is not us but the Holy Spirit communicating through us.
- We are not to witness about denominations, just Jesus.
- WE NEED TO RESPOND TO HIS PROGRAM THROUGH US (Acts 1:8)
- We need to first minister to our communities before we can go out to the ends of the world.
- Our business is to be a witness.
- There is no greater joy than to lead a soul to Jesus.
Read of lives transformed by Adrian Rogers' plea of Come to Jesus.
find your station
Check out when and where messages are playing in your area on radio and TV.
DO YOU HAVE A PRAYER NEED?
It would be our privilege to pray for you. Use the form to send us a request.