The Midnight Cry and the Rapture of the Church
(Program 2340, Airing on 04.13.08 & 04.20.08)
- WHAT – THE SACRED MYSTERY OF THE RAPTURE (Revelation 4:1)
- A mystery in the Bible is a truth that has been revealed by divine revelation; something that has been hidden but is now revealed
- In Revelation 4:1, John is caught up, transported from earth to heaven, signifying the rapture
- 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
- 1 Corinthians 15:51-52
- Why believe in the rapture?
- Because of the gospel – the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ
- The Word of God says it (1 Thessalonians 4:15)
- WHO – THE SELECT MULTITUDE OF THE RAPTURE (Revelation 4:4)
- The elders are representative of God’s people (Revelation 5:5, 11)
- Revelation 19:8
- Only those who are saved will go up in the rapture (Luke 17:34-37)
- WHEN – WHEN WILL THE RAPTURE TAKE PLACE? (Revelation 4:1-2)
- Jesus will come suddenly and immediately
- Matthew 24:36, 38
- Matthew 24:42, 44
- 1 Corinthians 15:51
- WHY – WHY THE RAPTURE? (Revelation 4:2-5)
- Reception (John 14:2-3)
- We will see His sovereign majesty
- We will glorify His ministry
- Revelation 21:11
- Rescue (Revelation 4:3, 5)
- The rainbow stands for God’s covenant with His people
- The circle stands for eternity (no beginning, no end)
- The church is raptured before the Great Tribulation takes place
- 1 Thessalonians 1:9-1
- Reunion (Revelation 4:4)
- 1 Thessalonians 4:17
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR US?
- We should learn of His coming
- We should live for His coming
- We should look for His coming
- We should long for His coming
Read of lives transformed by Adrian Rogers' plea of Come to Jesus.
find your station
Check out when and where messages are playing in your area on radio and TV.
DO YOU HAVE A PRAYER NEED?
It would be our privilege to pray for you. Use the form to send us a request.