People God Uses
Hebrews 11:32-34 (Program 2406, Air date 07.28.2013)
- INTRODUCTION (Hebrews 11:32-34)
- Gideon was a champion of the faith.
- Will it matter that we ever lived?
- Will we leave a vacancy?
- Most people think that there cannot be a revival today, but there has never been a greater day to preach the Gospel.
- God wants all of us to be a part of that revival.
- The most impressive thing about Gideon was that he wasn’t impressive. God used a common, ordinary man.
- Judges 6:11-13
- GOD USES COMMON PEOPLE. (Judges 6:14-16)
- God did not see Gideon as he was; God saw him as who he could be.
- The Lord clothed Himself with Gideon.
- Judges 6:34
- 1 Corinthians 1:26-27
- God wants to do extraordinary things through ordinary people.
- GOD USES CLEANSED PEOPLE. (Judges 6:25-26)
- If we want God to use us we have to remove the idols from our lives.
- An idol is anything we love more, fear more, serve more or value more than God.
- God will not use us if there is unconfessed and unrepented of sin in our lives.
- Isaiah 52:11
- GOD USES COURAGEOUS PEOPLE. (Judges 6:12)
- God called Gideon a man of valor, or courageous.
- After gathering an army of 32,000, God told Gideon to have the men who were afraid to go back home.
- Judges 7:2-3
- God cannot and will not use us if we are cowards because fear and cowardice are infectious.
- Deuteronomy 20:8
- There’s nothing wrong with normal, self-protecting fears.
- God did not give us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power and love.
- 2 Timothy 1:7
- Acts 1:8
- 1 John 4:18
- When you are filled with the Holy Spirit, you will have assurance that God can use you and you will find that you’re unusually courageous.
- GOD USES CAUTIOUS PEOPLE. (Judges 7:4-8)
- We are to have the balance of being courageous yet cautious.
- Philippians 1:28
- 1 Peter 5:8
- Luke 21:36
- 1 Corinthians 9:27
- We need to watch what we watch.
- Proverbs 6:27
- 1 Corinthians 2:3
- Sin is often an unexpected opportunity, an unprotected life and an undetected weakness.
- 1 Corinthians 10:12
- GOD USES A CONFIDENT PEOPLE. (Judges 7:12-15)
- There is a dread in Hell over us.
- The devil hopes that we never understand who we really are in Christ.
- Even though we are just a piece of “barley bread”, God can and will use us.
- We must check ourselves that we don’t have a second-hand religion.
- Acts 19:11-17
- Our names need to be known in Hell the same way that Gideon’s name was known in the enemy’s camp.
- 1 Corinthians 1:26
- Acts 16:31
Read of lives transformed by Adrian Rogers' plea of Come to Jesus.
find your station
Check out when and where messages are playing in your area on radio and TV.
DO YOU HAVE A PRAYER NEED?
It would be our privilege to pray for you. Use the form to send us a request.